Users can request an Aadhaar card update through the UIDAI’s Aadhaar self-service portal. The UIDAI tool enables users to submit requests to change or update Aadhaar address/mobile number and other basic details fed into the Aadhaar database.
Many of us want to correct our Name, Address, Mobile number or Date of birth as on our Aadhaar Card but don’t know the convenient way to do the same. In this post, I have come up with the best solution to this problem that most of you are facing.
- How to Change Name, Address In Aadhar Card (Aadhar Card Update)
- Aadhar Card Correction – Three Ways
- Aadhaar Card Correction Online: Name, Address, Phone, DOB!
- Steps to Change Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth
How to Change Name, Address In Aadhar Card (Aadhar Card Update)
You can change the following data on your AADHAAR card, using Online Self Service Update Portal:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
For any other AADHAAR Card change requests, please visit any nearby AADHAAR card enrollment/update center. To contact nearby AADHAAR card center click here: Locate Nearby AADHAAR Card Centers.
The process of aadhar card correction has been in three ways. We do share the completely different types of aadhar card correction methods here. Do check it out.
Aadhar Card Correction – Three Ways
- Aadhar Card Correction Through Online
- Aadhar Card Correction Through Offline
- Aadhar Card Correction By Sending Post
We would like to go through each method so that you can understand the process of aadhar correction online. At first, you need to check out the online method – easy process.
Making Aadhar Card correction of our bio-data gets easier with the online process as you don’t need to run in the offices, again and again, wasting your time and energy. You can now easily correct your Aadhaar Card name, address, mobile number, date of birth by going through few steps that I will be providing in this post below. So, read this post ahead to know more about the correction of the biodata of Aadhaar Card.
Aadhar Card Correction Through Online:
Here is the step by step process to update your aadhar card through online.
The details that we are shared right over here are shared on the official website so that you don’t need to worry about the information that we shared here.
Through online, you can make the following changes to your aadhar card online.
- Name correction
- Date Of Birth
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
Name correction on Aadhar Card:
If you want to change your name – then here is the guide for you.
As per aadhar self service update portal – Your mobile number must be registered with the aadhar card to make aadhar correction changes through online.
If the mobile number is not linked, then you can check out the offline or send through post process below.
For the process of name correction – After you have been logged in – An application form will be opened asking you to enter the new name in the space provided by application form.
- Just enter the new name – Make sure while entering the new name – don’t write it as Mr or Mrs. Before the name.
- That’s it.
- Now, at the next step upload the necessary documents related to POI.
- Where POI is proof of Identity. Below we share the list of POI documents do check it out.
- Once, the application form is submitted. You will receive a URN number to track the status of the application.
Documents Required For POI:
Change Address in Aadhar Card:
If you would like to change the address:
- Please do fill the new address, and choose the exact pin code location, city, street.
- Don’t enter the old address.
- In case, if you were unable to find your address or location on the U portal.
- Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents Required For POA: Proof Of Address :
Your new aadhar card will be then delivered to your new update address.
Also, your documents will be then verified by the officials. So, please do update the original documents for the process of SSUP updates online.
Aadhar Card Date Of Birth Correction:
For the date of birth correction, here is the process. As per UIDAI website, you need to enter the date of birth in the format as follows.
- Also, don’t enter the old date of birth on the application form.
- Just enter the new date of birth and submit the application form.
- Before that, you need to upload the necessary DOB documents.
- Here we cover the list of DOB documents that you need to submit out of at least one document here.
Documents For DOB:
Change In Address:
Note – If you would like to change in address of the aadhar card then you can check out here.
Note: Your new aadhar card will be delivered to new update address. Make sure you need to enter the correct working address right over here.
Don’t need to enter the old address in the application form. Just enter the new address.
- Click on next and upload the documents.
- Submit the application.
- Also, download the acknowledgment number to track the URN number.
- Here is the list of Documents required for Change in Address of Aadhar Card Online.
If you do still have any doubts while changing the address of the application. Just do leave a comment here.
- Documents Required For POA:
Change In Gender, Email Id, Phone Number:
Just like the above method – all you just need to login to aadhar self-service update portal.
- Thereby under profile details, you will access the details to change the Mobile number, Gender and Email Id.
- It’s quite an Easy Process. Hope You understand it.
- The above method is through online. Here is the procedure for offline.
How to Online Correction in Aadhar Card
Offline – Aadhar Card Correction offline:
The procedure is quite simple all you need to check out the nearest aadhar card service center.
Thereby you need to submit the correction application form.
Note: For aadhar card correction through offline it is not mandatory to link your mobile number to aadhar card online.
- Process – 1
At first step process, you need to search the aadhar card enrollment service centers. The UIDAI launched an official website where users can search the nearby service centers of aadhar card online.
Link to search the details: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Then on search portal – You have three options to search the service centers.
- Through State Name
- Through Pincode
- Through Village/City Name
Once you click on submit. Then search portal will automatically display the service centers nearby your location.
- Download the application form here.
- Attach the necessary documents to it.
- Contact the aadhar service center.
Done the process. Get the acknowledgment number.
This is how you supposed to correct your aadhar card details via offline.
Aadhar Card Update Through Post
Another method is to send the post.
Note: In order to send the post. Your aadhar card must be linked to the mobile number. Here is the process.
- Download the application form from here.
- Fill the application form.
- On top of the, that mention what corrections do want to make?
For Example :
- If you want to change Name – Mention “Name Correction”
- For the change in DOB – Mention “DOB Correction”.
- For the address Change – Mention ” Address Change “.
Now, fill the application form and attach the necessary documents as we shared above.
Buy an envelop. On top of the envelop write as ” Aadhar Card Correction “
Send the application form to the following address:
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
If you still have any doubts. Then do let us know. We will help you out.
URN Status – What Is URN Number?
URN – Update request number. When you make an update or correction changes online, the UIDAI automatically displays the URN number to track the update request status.
Here we share on how to track the URN status online with the help of the UIDAI status update porta – aadhaar card self-service update portal.
Step By Step Process:
- Visit the official link here:
- Enter your aadhaar card number.
Enter your URN number which is generated when you submit the online correction or update request via self-service update portal.
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on get status.
That’s it. You will get to know whether your application has been approved by the UIDAI or not.
If you want to know more information about the Aadhaar self-service update portal – visit our most frequently asked questions page.
Aadhaar Card Correction Online: Name, Address, Phone, DOB!
You might want to change your name, address, and mobile number, date of birth replacing it with the new and updated one due to many reasons. So, there is a favorable and easy way to deal with this issue which will help you change any of the bio-data of your Aadhaar Card. Though many of you are not aware of this earlier and I hope once you come to know the procedures to do the same, you will no longer be deprived away of this issue.
Here are the solutions mentioned below to deal with this issue of changing the name, address, mobile number, date of birth on your Aadhaar Card. Please read these steps carefully one after another for clear understanding.
For changing your name or any Aadhaar Card correction you need Identity Proof documents which should be updated one. Once you change your name officially, you will be provided with a new Identity Proof Documents which you have to upload on your PC to replace your old registered name with the new one. So, having Identity Proof documents is must for changing name in Aadhaar Card.
Changing Address is not much different from that of changing a name in the Aadhaar Card. However, sometimes due to urbanization, people prefer to leave their homeland and shift in towns and cities for availing better facilities. So, in this case changing the address in Aadhaar card becomes important and for doing so you will need to upload your original registered Address of your homeland.
Most of the time changing the date of birth becomes important as most people want to lessen their age by few years for making equivalent to avail jobs or getting admission in new academics. So, for changing your date of birth in Aadhaar Card you need to have the original date of birth certificate and upload it to the internet.
Steps to Change Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth
For going through the process of updating and correcting your name, address, mobile number, date of birth, you first need to go to this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Before going with the procedures of online Aadhaar Card Correction, you need to first have registered mobile number and then proceed. You have to follow the procedures as I mentioned step by step in the following for the correction and update of the info of your Aadhaar Card.
- First of all, when you visit the page you will be asked your Aadhaar number which consists 12 digits.
- In the following column, you will find the verification notification.
- You can now easily click on “SEND OTP” button.
- Now, 6 digit OTP will be delivered to your mobile and you can fill the password and go on.
- You have to choose the address change field and choose the language you prefer.
- Finally, you have to upload the document of which you want to make necessary changes.
Thus, I hope that now you are made aware of how to make Aadhaar card correction by changing your mobile number, address, name and date of birth in online mode, after reading this post.
So, hopefully whenever you face such circumstances of making necessary changes in your Aadhaar info then you can apply the procedures as I mentioned in this post. In case you face problem in making changes through online then you can also visit your nearest office where you can get your necessary solutions as well. 🙂